- Download and install Soar.
- Configure environment variables for Soar ($SOAR_HOME)
- Download and install RL-Competition 2009 software.
- Configure $COMP_HOME to point to the topmost directory of your local install of the competition software
- Configure $AGENT_HOME to point to the topmost directory of your local install of MarioSoar
- cd $AGENT_HOME
- make clean;make
- Run the agent ./run.bash config/combined.config
- cd to trainer $COMP_HOME/trainers/guiTrainerJava/ for GUI trainter and ./run.bash or $COMP_HOME/trainers/consoleTrainerJava/ for headless trainer
Shiwali Mohan and John Laird. An Object-Oriented Approach to Reinforcement Learning in an Action Game. In Proceedings of 7th the Artificial Intelligence for Interactive Digital Entertainment Conference, AIIDE, 2011.
Shiwali Mohan and John Laird. Relational Reinforcement Learning in Infinite Mario. In Proceedings of the 24th AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence, AAAI, 2010. (Extended Abstract).
Shiwali Mohan and John E. Laird. Learning to Play Mario. Technical Report CCA-TR-2009-03, Center for Cognitive Architecture, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, 2009.