ProbeDeformer plugins for Maya /**
- @brief Probe Deformer plugin for Maya
- @section LICENSE The MIT License
- @section requirements: Eigen 3: http://eigen.tuxfamily.org/
- @section Autodesk Maya: http://www.autodesk.com/products/autodesk-maya/overview
- @section (included) AffineLib: https://github.com/shizuo-kaji/AffineLib
- @version 0.20
- @date 19/Sep/2016
- @author Shizuo KAJI */
There are two versions of deformers:
- probeDeformer is a simple vertex based deformer which ignores mesh structure. It is applicable to any mesh and particles.
- probeDeformerARAP is a mesh based deformer which try to preserve geometry (ARAP). It is applicable only to "clean" meshes; it is recommended first "cleanup" the target mesh by "Cleanup" => "Remove Zero edges, faces" in Maya's mesh menu.
For the detail of the algorithm, refer to the papers
- "Probe-Type Deformers" by S. Kaji and G. Liu in Mathematical Progress in Expressive Image Synthesis II, Volume 18 of the series Mathematics for Industry pp 63-77, http://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-4-431-55483-7_6?no-access=true
- "A concise parametrisation of affine transformation" by S. Kaji and H. Ochiai, to appear in SIAM J. on Imaging Sciences, http://arxiv.org/abs/1507.05290
How to compile:
- For Mac users, look at the included Xcode project file ( or Makefile )
- For Windows users, look at the included Visual Studio project file. DO NOT turn on AVX or you'll get an exception.
- on some systems, specifying the compiler option -DEIGEN_DONT_VECTORIZE may be necessary to avoid compilation errors (thank giordi91 for this information)
How to use:
- Place the plugin files in "MAYA_PLUG_IN_PATH"
- Place the UI python script files in "MAYA_SCRIPT_PATH"
- Open Script editor in Maya and type in the following Python command:
import ui_probeDeformer as ui ui.UI_ProbeDeformer()
To visualise vertex color, go to "Display" => "Polygon" => "Custom Polygon Display" and tick "color" and select "emission."
The ARAP version works only on "clean" meshes. First apply "Cleanup" from "Mesh" menu to remove zero area faces and zero length edges.