This repository used to contain the previously publicly available sources and Git history of brian d foy’s book Mastering Perl . The history of the repository was nullified per request from the author - https://github.com/shlomif/mastering-perl/issues/1 .
I will hopefully add more information and links about all that soon.
Links about Changing the Copyright Regime
- The book Remix by Lawrence Lessig - under the CC-by-nc licence.
- The Case for File Swapping - essay by me (= Shlomi Fish) under the CC-by licence.
- “Why Closed Books are So 19th-Century” - a subsequent essay of mine - also under CC-by.
- Creative Commons - usable and freely distributable licences and other resources.
- “Why Free Software needs Free Documentation” - essay by Richard Stallman on gnu.org.
Links for learning Perl
- The Perl Beginnners’ Site - contains links to many resources, often free of charge ones.
- The Perl Tutorial Hub - a list of recommended tutorials about Perl.
- learn.perl.org - officialish site, but more limited in scope. Under CC-by-nc-nd.
Other technology beginners’ resources:
- The Beginners’ Sites Network
- The Python Wiki - about the Python programming language.
- The Wikibooks Project - creating some free/open content educational books.
- StackExchange - a network of Q&A sites with the content under the CC-by-sa licence.
- “How To Get Help Online” - a guide I wrote.
Thanks to RichiH from #git on Freenode for giving me advice on how to nullify/reset the history of a remote git repository:
«RichiH» rindolf: create a new repo, write a short README or just anything, add & commit that README, configure the remote, git push -f