Stammtisch 2016 12 12
Clone this wiki locally
Video call Heiko & Viktor, summarising discussions at NIPS 2016 with Gunnar and Sergey.
- Send Gunnar list of foundation options for him to discuss with funding person
- Write to NumFocus, attempting to join as affiliated (not fully integrated) project to get funding
- Write to FSC, attempting to join
- Gunnar aims to hire a Software guy to help on Shoguns portability / installation. What can we do to help?
- We agree on date: http://doodle.com/poll/u7r5s4ufd3d5ibwgkk3t9i9u/admin#table
- Gunnar hosts at ETHZ
- Gunnar can help with flight tickets
- We airbnb
Next steps in framework:
- Merge tags branch (remove member variables, fix build, one class at a time)
- Draft plugin/base framework for a single simple example
- Merge linalg
- Collect ideas of major ideas for Shogun that could help to get funding.
- One idea: Reference implementation for https://www.w3.org/TR/prov-o/
- Air for release around Xmas, merge omp branch, try to fix random forest parallelisation
- There is a milestone for 5.1 as well