A 'nice' little blog system built on Django.
Posts have the following fields:
- A user that is shown as the author.
- Title of the post, used to generate the URL as well as reference the post in the site.
- Featured Image
- A single image to be associated with the post. Shown at the top of the blog post above the content.
- Post content, written in TinyMCE in the Django admin. Accepts external images.
- Published Date
- Date that the post is published and used for ordering in post lists.
There are two standard views to the blog:
- Index. The paginated, reverse chronologically ordered list of posts. Shows the post title, featured image and full text.
- Single post. The view for a single blog post shows the post itself with links to next and previous posts (if available) and links to category pages.
Expected libraries required will be:
- Plus sitemaps https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.4/ref/contrib/sitemaps/
- Comments https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.4/ref/contrib/comments/
... Plus their dependencies.
Clone the repository and
Create virtualenv in the
envfolder, this should put a python binary at
virtualenv --python [your python path]/python env
Install the required libs with
pip, they are in the
Make a copy of
riblog/local_settings.pyand configure for your db.
Create the required DB, migrate with south.
All tests should run too :D