This is my currently active set of configuration files for my Home Assistant running on Raspberry Pi.
If you are intested in following my progress be sure
Configuration File Status
Each commit triggers a deployment to the latest home assistant version with Python 3.6. This is done though TravisCI. If this sucessfully passes, then my Pi will update itself with the latest configuration automatically.
Core Hardware of Home Assistant Hub
- Raspberry Pi 3 Model B - Core control system, running Raspbian.
- RFXCOM RFXtrx433E - Enables RX/TX of 433Mhz signals over a range of protocols.
- Note: Lots of different protocols in use on 433Mhz which may need to be enabled via a management utility. 433Mhz lacks any real security. If you capture the code you can control the device, as I found out by accidentally controlling a neighbour's plug-in sockets.
- Aeotec Z-Stick Gen5 (ZW090) - Provides interface to Z-Wave Mesh Network devices.
- Plus case, Power Supply and MicroSD Card.
- Devices Controlled and Sensors Monitored
- Automation and Shell Scripts
- Configuration validation and automatic deployment
Note: Private information is stored in secrets.yaml (not uploaded)