Cilla is a weblog written in Java.
- Articles, with nested categories and tagging.
- Suited for photo blogs: gallery with thumbnail generation, EXIF analysis, GPS support, tagging.
- Random title pictures.
- Comment system available.
- ATOM and RSS feeds.
- Full content search, using Apache Lucene.
- Comes with a separate administration web frontend and a SOAP WS interface.
- Easy to customize. Uses JSP templates and a set of powerful JSP tags.
- Easy to extend. A collection of plugins is available. Plug in your own add-ons via Spring beans.
- Uses Java 8, Spring and Hibernate. Tested on PostgreSQL, but should run on other DBMS as well.
The idea behind Cilla was just a "quick Java blog hack" that should replace my PHP based blog. However, this quick hack soon became a huge project that took me several years to make it what you see today.
The blog itself is feature complete and stable. I use it for my personal weblog since 2010.
The administration GUI is usable, but it misses some non-essential functions and also contains a few annoying bugs. Cilla also needs a nice installer (or maybe a Docker image), a choice of themes, and some in-depth documentation.
Cilla is sufficient for me in its current state, so I am not going to put much more time into it in the near future. However, I hope that this project might be useful to other people. If you want to improve Cilla, I really appreciate your help!
cilla is open source software. The source code is distributed under the terms of GNU Affero General Public License Version 3.