flattr4j is a free open source Java library for using the Flattr API. It can be used on Android apps, but also on Java based servers, web sites and desktop applications.
flattr4j is not an official client. It is not endorsed by or affiliated with Flattr AB.
Flattr is currently changing its API. Because of that, some of the flattr4j calls are failing or not delivering the expected results.
Are you getting a "Received fatal alert: handshake failure" exception? OpenJDK does not seem to support any of the Flattr server's cipher suites. You need to use Oracle Java instead.
- Lightweight and easy to use
- Covers the entire Flattr API
- Also runs on Android
- Helps through the OAuth authentication process at Flattr, no OAuth knowledge is needed
- With Maven, Gradle and Spring support
- Stable and mature code base, started in 2010