flattr4j is a free open source Java library for using the Flattr API and adding Flattr buttons to JSP web sites.
It primarily targets for business grade Flattr integration, e.g. on servers, web sites and full-featured desktop applications, but it can also be used on Android devices.
flattr4j is not endorsed by or affiliated with Flattr AB.
Flattr is currently changing its API. Because of that, some of the flattr4j calls are failing or not delivering the expected results. It is unclear to me what a future API may look like, and to what extend flattr4j is going to support it. For the time being, I recommend not to use flattr4j in new projects.
Are you getting a "Received fatal alert: handshake_failure" exception? OpenJDK does not seem to support any of the Flattr server's cipher suites. Use the Oracle JDK instead!
- Lightweight and easy to use
- Covers the entire Flattr API
- Also runs on Android
- Helps through the OAuth authentication process at Flattr, no OAuth knowledge is needed
- With Maven and Spring support
- Spring Social provider available (currently beta)
- See the online documentation about how to use flattr4j.