Tweenalyzer - The Twitter Analyzer
Tweenalyzer helps you analyze your twitter fanbase by providing a visually pleasing data-centric summary on different aspects of your target audience.
- Twitter REST API was used to fetch the tweets based on the user provided query.
- A web interface using Python-Flask Framework was built to show graphical plots on a dashboard.
- Data analysis was performed using scikit-learn and pandas library.
- Google charts was used plotting the graphs on the web dashboard.
Project Tweenalyzer was completed as a part of the MSc in computing Science course MM802 (Multimedia Networking and Communication at University of Alberta).
Search Query was "Python"
Want to see more interesting tweets and sentiments ? try searching for "Trump" ;)
Area of Work
- Data Mining / Data Visualization
- Flask - backend
- Keen.io - for dashboard structure
- Tweepy - A python wrapper for the Twitter API
- TextBlob - A wrapper around NLTK, used for sentiment analysis and tweet language translation.
- Google Charts- for graphing
- Google Maps - for reverse Geocoding
- Pandas - for data manipulation and cleaning
- Obtain twitter API keys from https://apps.twitter.com/
- Plugin your API keys inside configurations.py
- cd inside the project folder and type the following in your terminal
- open your browser and type 127.0.0.1:5000
- Wait for a while . This usually takes some time, since the twitter API has a rate-limitting to search for tweets.
** Note: ** The default tweet search query is "python" . Once the page loads, you have the option of searching tweets of your choice using the searchbar.
The dependencies are contained in the file requirements.txt
- Shrobon Biswas
- Damayanti Ghosh