This plugin is in early development stage. It has a basic feature set implemented, which allow basic use with Intellij IDEA or IDEA based IDEs, such as PHPStorm, PyCharm, CLion, etc.
Currently, I don't spend much time working on it, so if you want to help with any todo item, then go for it, send a PR and I'll review it.
Plugin page on JetBrains repository: https://plugins.jetbrains.com/plugin/8412
- Download IntelliJ IDEA Community edition binaries from https://www.jetbrains.com/idea/
- Download IntelliJ IDEA Community edition sources from https://github.com/JetBrains/intellij-community and place them into ../idea directory. Make sure you download sources tagged for the same build as your IDEA executable (check the build number in Help box of IDEA).
- Run build.sh to build the plugin. The should be a Bash run profile for this if you have bash plugin installed.
- Launch "Plugin" run configuration to test it in IDEA.
- Creation of Squirrel projects.
- Syntax highlight.
- Auto formatting.
- Running scripts using menu items.
- debugger (code has some basic implementation, but much more work required to finish it)
- automatically setup sdk?
- download compiler from the web?
- make compiler?
- add debugger configuration (is it possible to download it?)
- SquirrelSDKType Configurable
- Test PATH detection on windows.
- Custom icons for run config.
- run configuration with C program.
- Increment and decrement operators should always go in the same line with it's identifier.