#####This fork of a random Swing application gives you an impression, which technical possabilities you have, when you migrate Swing to JavaFX. You find more details and a tutorial in the screencast below.#####
If you have further questions or migration support requests, just give me a ping (email@example.com)
<img src="https://developers.google.com/youtube/images/YouTube-icon-full_color.png" alt="alt text" width="300"">
A desktop client for Twitter.
The goal is to write a desktop client that includes all functionalities the Twitter API v1.1 offers.
Furthermore it should look as pretty as it's possible using Java Swing. ;)
How to login with your Twitter account
You have to generate your own OAuth tokens on https://dev.twitter.com.
- log in
- click on My applications in the drop down menu under your icon
- click on Create New App complete the form
- After that click on your new created application
- at tab Permissions choose Read, Write and Access direct messages and confirm
- at tab API Keys click on generate my access token
Now you can start your client and insert the four strings into the Login dialog.
- Library: Twitter4J v4.0.2
- Database: SQLite (driver: sqlite-jdbc-3.7.2.jar)