AEIS is «Another Emacs Initialization Set»
Developers preview. Not for users yet.
AEIS purpose is ordering a chaos of emacs.d scripts and extensions loaded and installed by hands or with package-managers. It's not a kind of a «starter kit» bloated with packages unused by you. AEIS just offers skeleton for further Emacs customizing.
- API for simple installing/deinstalling/enabling/disabling init scripts for installed packages [in progress]
- UI for control init-system
- support for different Emacs versions for single .emacs.d
- caching of init-d starter scripts in one big file [done]
.emacs.d/ (USER-EMACS-DIRECTORY) | +-- .cache (mandatory) | +-- init-d (mandatory) | +-- site-lisp (mandatory) | +-- 23 (optional) | | | +- init-d | | | \-- site-lisp | \-- 24 (optional) ...
- init-d — init-scripts implicitly loading a required features from load-path
- site-lisp — appendix to load-path for local installed modules (use lazy load here)
- 23, 24 — configuration (init-scripts & modules) specific for these major versions of Emacs
- init-version — shows version of AEIS
- init-disable — disable selected script (autocompleted by script names from init-d) and reset init cache
- init-enable — enable selected script (autocompleted by script names from init-d) and reset init cache
- init-reload-all — rebuild cache and reload all init-scripts
- init-edit-script — visit init-script file
No keybindings yet.