HoRNDIS (pronounce: "horrendous") is a driver for Mac OS X that allows you to use your Android phone's native USB tethering mode to get Internet access.
For more information, visit the home page for HoRNDIS.
Building the source
git clonethe repository
- Simply running xcodebuild in the checkout directory should be sufficient to build the kext. (see below for which project to use).
Please don't publish versions you built as if they were official!
For Mac OS X 10.6 or higher
If you wish to package it up, you can run make to assemble the package in the
For development use the
HoRNDIS.xcodeproj on Xcode 4.0 or higher.
For Mac OS X 10.5 or lower
make if you want to build for 10.4 or 10.5.
HoRNDIS_PPC.xcodeproj on Xcode 3.1.4 preferably.
To package your kext, use the PackageMaker files in the
package/ directory according to what you want to include.
[^download_footer]: To download the installation package, please visit.
For binaries for Leopard and earlier, check the releases of this repo.
- Get the installation package (Download[^download_footer] or Build the installation package from source yourself)
- Run the installation package
- Assuming that the installation proceeds without errors, after it completes, connect your phone to your Mac by USB.
- Enter the settings menu on your phone.
- In the connections section, below Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, select “More...”. Select “Tethering & portable hotspot”.
- Check the “USB tethering” box. It should flash once, and then become solidly checked.
- Delete the
- Restart your computer