Welcome to the Zencyclopedia!
This is the main repository for the Zencyclopedia, a compilation of learning resources for just about everything. Check out the live version at https://www.zencyclopedia.org.
Ready to contribute? Scroll down to Contributing.
If there's a problem with the Zencyclopedia (a broken link, etc.), or you want to discuss the existing guidelines/format, open an issue.
Please note that this repository is not the source for the website. If there's something wrong with
www.zencyclopedia.org specifically, email me at email@example.com with your concerns and I'll do my best to address them.
Contributions are handled via pull requests. Please follow these guidelines:
- Maintain a neutral and encyclopedic tone.
- Do not link to content that violates United States law.
- Use permalinks when possible.
- All linked content must be free for unlimited personal use.
- Strictly no links to Coursera, Udemy, etc. Prefer open-source/not-for-profit alternatives.
- Match existing formatting, with entries nested no more than 2 levels.
- Order resources by increasing minimum skill level.
- Do not include opinions on the quality of the resource in the description.
- If you think the above guidelines are stupid and/or need revision, open an issue and explain why.
Here's the format for an example entry:
title: The Resource Title url: http://example.com sort: 5 tags - tag1 - tag2 --- Description...
If you want to create a new category or reorganize an existing category, open an issue first.
Please note that all resources will be reviewed for quality. Thank you and happy contributing!
The Zencyclopedia is released under the terms of the CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 license.