Event Machine Twitter App
This is a sample twitter app written purely to understand how event machine could be used to implement a simple twitter feed fetcher. The runs on the console and fetches tweets and periodically updates your tweet list.
If you are new to event machine there are tons of useful resources. Here are a few that I used:
- home page (home page)
- Tutorials List
- But the most gradual introduction is available as a PDF and also check out the presentation at http://everburning.com/news/eventmachine-introductions/
To run the app
This app works on Ruby 1.9.2 (not tried it with 1.8.7)
- You would first need to install the event_machine gem.
- You would need to place your twitter API keys in all the files.( Its a hacky approach to check out how event machine works)
- Run the event_machine_server first, followed by the event_machine_client.
- You should already be having most of the gems in your gem list.
Hope this is useful.