Code for making a AR drone 2.0 fly above a red circle all by itself using openCV and python 2.7
- Install Python 2.7
- Install OpenCV 3 for python 2.7
- Install PS-Drone
How to run?
- Connect AR drone to your computer using the AR drone WiFi network
- Run Main.py with python2.7
NOTE: I modded the AR-Drone by getting the front camera of the AR-Drone and taped it to the bottom center of the drone. If you do it correctly the existing flex cable is just long enough! This is because the normal AR-Drone bottom camera is very low resolution. If you want to run this code also make sure to do this mod!
NOTE 2: You might have to help the drone a little bit at takeoff. This is because the AR-Drone drifts a lot at takeoff and because of that it could lose sight of the Circle. Just push the drone into the direction of the circle when it takes off.
- tag.png This is the circle which the drone detect. Print this out with a diameter of about 35cm
- Main.py the main program which will make the drone center above the tag.
- VideoWrite.py A simple program which writes the video stream from the AR Drone to a local .avi video.