Mearth - Weather on Mars vs Weather on Earth
A 2013 NASA SpaceApps Challenge observing the temperature, pressure & wind speed on Mars and trying to match it with somewhere on Earth.
See progress at: mearthapp.heroku.com
Data to compare
- Temperature (high on mars, low on earth?)
- Wind speed (comparable)
- Pressure (*1000)
- Radiation (how many hours would I last on mars today)
- Oxygen/Nitrogen level (how much longer would it take plants to grow on mars)
- Webcam image (from the closest match city)
- Build a Ruby on Rails web app to do the calculations and present the data nicely.
Data feeds from Mars
- Take the Mars weather data feed from the @MarsWxReport
- Raw weather XML feed: XML
- Mars Curiosity rover image feeds from: mars.open-notify.org
Data feeds from Earth
- Take an Earth weather feed from openweathermap.org
Space Apps Challenge
Based on the challenge Wish you were here.
SpaceApps project page: Mearth
Built by the team in Adelaide, Australia.