Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
- Fixed a bug that was preventing Signal from starting up for some users with a large conversation history.
- Localization updates for German, Greek, Spanish, Persian, Finnish, French, Hebrew, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Khmer, Kannada, Lithuanian, Norwegian, Portuguese (Brazil), Portuguese (Portugal), Romanian, Albanian, Serbian, Turkish, Chinese (China), and Chinese (Taiwan).
After 380 days of extended support, the legacy Chrome version of Signal Desktop will stop working on November 15, 2018. The new standalone version of Signal Desktop is available now, and it has received regular updates in the past year -- including numerous feature enhancements and significant performance improvements.
The built-in migration process will help you switch to the latest release. All of your information will be saved, and the upgrade should only take a few minutes. Thanks for using Signal!
Audio recording for voice messages automatically stops if you switch away from the app or hit the five-minute limit.
- Colors return to incoming messages for users with a linked Android device.
- Animated GIFs that are larger than 6 megabytes are now supported.
- Audio recording for voice messages automatically stops if you switch away from the app or hit the five-minute limit.
- Conversation color enhancements and a brand-new palette that includes Blue, Burlap, Crimson, Forest, Indigo, Plum, Steel, Taupe, Teal, Vermilion, Violet, and Wintergreen.
- Startup performance improvements and additional storage fixes.