collectd etcd Plugin
An etcd collectd plugin which users can use to send metrics from etcd instances to SignalFx
- Checkout this repository somewhere on your system accessible by collectd. The suggested location is
- Install the Python requirements with sudo
pip install -r requirements.txt
- Configure the plugin (see below)
- Restart collectd
- collectd 4.9 or later (for the Python plugin)
- Python 2.6 or later
- etcd 2.0.8 or later
The following are required configuration keys:
- Host - Required. Hostname or IP address of the etcd member, default is 'localhost'
- Port - Required. The port of the etcd member, default is '2379'
Optional configurations keys include:
- Interval - Interval between metric calls. Default is 10s
- Cluster - The cluster to which the member belongs. By default, this is set to "default"
- EnhancedMetrics - Flag to specify whether stats from the
/metricsendpoint are needed. Default is False
- IncludeMetric - Metrics from the
/metricsendpoint can be included individually
- ExcludeMetric - Metrics from the
/metricsendpoint can be excluded individually
- Dimension - Add extra dimensions to your metrics
Specify path to keyfile and certificate if certificate based authentication of clients is enabled on your etcd server
- ssl_keyfile - path to file
- ssl_certificate - path to file
Provide a custom file that lists trusted CA certificates, required when keyfile and certificate are provided
- ssl_ca_certs - path to file
Note that multiple etcd members can be configured in the same file.
LoadPlugin python <Plugin python> ModulePath "/usr/share/collectd/collectd-etcd" Import etcd_plugin <Module etcd_plugin> Host "localhost" Port "22379" Cluster "dev" Interval 10 EnhancedMetrics False IncludeMetric "etcd_debugging_mvcc_slow_watcher_total" IncludeMetric "etcd_debugging_store_reads_total" IncludeMetric "etcd_server_has_leader" </Module> <Module etcd_plugin> Host "localhost" Port "2379" Cluster "dev" Interval 10 EnhancedMetrics True ExcludeMetric "etcd_debugging_mvcc_slow_watcher_total" ExcludeMetric "etcd_server_has_leader" Dimension foo bar </Module> </Plugin>