List of Resources About Tryton
Is a three-tier high-level general purpose application platform under the license GPL-3 written in Python and using PostgreSQL as database engine.
It is the core base of a complete business solution providing modularity, scalability and security.
About Tryton Resources
Tryton is a great and live project. But we fell it could use better public relations and communication in order to grow. It has a very active developer community and many interesting connected projects (such as new web cliente Sao, and GNU Health, a complete health management solution). But Tryton remains somehow still largely unknown to the broad developer community.
This document is an initiative to increase the awareness arround Tryton, and it started as a personal list of web links we have been collecting as references. We decided to publish this list to the broader community, hoping that it could be mantained and enlarged by common effort.
Rules: The link should be about Tryton, its functionalities and its development process. The link can refer to persons, companies, documentation, code examples, repositories and any other Tryton Resource. Please check the list before sending your link to avoid duplicates. Please add to the link a little comment about its content. Try to put the link on the correct category. Put official links first. List the other links alphabetically.
Official BugTracker and Codereview
http://demo.tryton.org/ --> Demo server. It redirects you to the latest version number (for example, you would be redirected to http://demox.y.tryton.org/ for version x.y). It can be accessed directly on the browser now, thanks to sao. It can also be used with the desktop client.
- http://hg.tryton.org/ --> Official Mercurial Repository. Contains most of Tryton code, such as Tryton server (trytond), Tryton GTK client (tryton), Tryton webclient (sao), modules, Proteus, and more. Definetely the first place to go when you are looking for source code.
- https://bitbucket.org/tryton/ --> Official Bitbucket Mirror
- https://bitbucket.org/silex/tryton-publico --> Modules developed by Sílex Sistemas, mainly for Brazilian localization
- https://bitbucket.org/trytonspain/ --> Modules developed by Spanish an Catalunyan communities of Tryton. Lots of interesting stuff!
- http://git.tryton.org/ --> Official git repository. Contais the code for building Tryton client on Windows.
- https://github.com/tryton --> Unofficial Github Mirror
- https://pypi.python.org/pypi?:action=browse&show=all&c=551 --> Pypi
- http://sisalp.fr/ --> Toulon, France.*
- http://www.b2ck.com/ --> The company of Cédric Krier and Nicolas Évrard. Offers development and professional support for Tryton. Liége, Belgium.
- http://www.gcoop.coop/ --> Software development coperative work.
- http://www.nan-tic.com/ --> Barcelona, Catalunya.
- http://www.silexsistemas.com.br/ --> ERPs and business solutions specilists. Works with Tryton and GNU Health, offering implementation, development and consulting services. Belo Horizonte, Brazil.
- http://www.thymbra.com/ --> Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- http://www.zikzakmedia.com/ --> Barcelona, Catalunya.
- http://apps.tryton-erp.es/ --> Initiative from Catalunya
- http://www.openerp2tryton.com/ --> Initiative from Catalunya, explaining how to migrate from OpenERP to Tryton.
- http://www.tryton-latam.com/ --> Thymbra guys!!! --> Very beautifull but not updated.
- http://docs.tryton.org/ --> Official Documentation for Tryton and its modules. If looking for a specific version, just add its number to the end of the address (e.g.: http://docs.tryton.org/3.2 for version 3.2). If no version is specified, it redirects to the most recent.
- https://nereid.readthedocs.org/en/develop/ --> What happened to OpenLabs? http://openlabs.co.in/ is blank
- http://tryton-ar.readthedocs.org/es/latest/index.html --> Documentation mainly about Argentinian modules and localization.
Events Past and Present (Chronological Order)
- http://tub2013.tryton.org/ --> Tryton Unconference 2013
- http://tul2014.tryton.org/ --> Tryton Unconference 2014
- http://tuba2015.tryton.org/ --> Tryton Unconference 2015
Forums and Mailing Lists
- http://groups.tryton.org/ --> Official mail group on Google Groups (English). Discusses general questions, specially those related to functionalities.
- http://groups-ca.tryton.org/ --> Idem in Catalan
- http://groups-de.tryton.org/ --> Idem in German
- http://groups-es.tryton.org/ --> Idem in Spanish
- http://groups-fr.tryton.org/ --> Idem in French
- http://groups-ru.tryton.org/ --> Idem in Russian
- http://groups-dev.tryton.org/ --> Official mail group for Tryton development
- http://groups-announce.tryton.org/ --> Official mail group for general announcements, specifically releases of new versions.
- http://groups-commit.tryton.org/ --> Official mail group for new commits.
- http://groups-contrib.tryton.org/ --> Official mail group for contributions related to Tryton but not about its core development or its official modules.
- http://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/tryton --> Questions on Stackoverflow marked as Tryton.
- 25/11/2014 - http://blog.thymbra.com/2014/11/tryton-version-34.html
- 05/06/2011 - http://version2beta.com/articles/evaluating-tryton-as-an-ecommerce-backend_about-tryton/
- 17/06/2011 - http://version2beta.com/articles/evaluating-tryton-as-an-ecommerce-backend_stalking-the-tryton-community/
- http://www.tryton.org/papers.html --> The conferences presentations
- http://pootle.tryton.org/ --> Official Pootle Translation Server
- https://www.transifex.com/meanmicio/Tryton/ --> Unofficial Transifex Translation
- https://bitbucket.org/cedk/hgnested --> hg nested extension to Mercurial allows to work with subrepositories. Must have to work with Tryton, because every module is a subrepo, so it is very tedious to clone them all by and.
- @tryton_org --> Official Tryton Foundation Twitter
- @albertnan --> Albert Cervera y Areny: Board member of Tryton Foundation & co-owner of NaN·tic.
- @brunovillasanti --> Bruno Villasanti: Developer at Thymbra
- @cedrickrier --> Cédric Krier: Tryton leader, Python and Gentoo developer
- @gcooplibre --> Gcoop
- @nan_tic --> Nan-Tic: Catalunian company dedicated to Tryton ERP and other open source solutions.
- @nicoe --> Nicolas Évrard: Developer at B2CK and one of the main mantainers of Tryton.
- @meanmicio --> Luis Falcón: Creator of GNU Health. Doctor and computer scientist.
- @pokoli_srk --> Sergi Almacenas: Developer at Nan-Tic
- @rvnovaes --> Roberto Novaes: Director of Sílex Sistemas. Python developer. Humble creator of this list.
- @sebastianmarro --> Thymbra Director. Member of GNU Solidario. Board member of Tryton Foundation.
- @SISalp --> Sisalp: Hosting for Odoo, Tryton and OperERP
- @silexsistemas --> Brazilian company dedicated to ERP development and to Tryton translation to Portuguese.
- @tryton_erp --> Many news, mainly in French, about Tryton: Thymbra is an IT company specialized in ERPs administration (Tryton - GNU Health) and Medical Informatics.
- @Thymbra_SA -->
- @zikzakmedia --> Free software implementation for small business.
- http://youtube.tryton.org/ --> YouTube official channel
- http://videos.tryton.org/tub2013/ --> Tryton Unconference Barcelona 2013
- http://videos.tryton.org/tul2014/ --> Tryton Unconference Leipzig 2014
- http://videos.tryton.org/tuba2015/ --> Tryton Unconference Buenos Aires 2015
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bJuEy2fHwQ --> What is Tryton Platform and ERP?
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-KvBorDXwM&index=3&list=PLWXFVIWufRrrfbiLbtK95WnUXcBjCc2QD --> Latinoware 2015 - Medicina Social e Saúde Pública - Presentation about Tryton and GNU Health.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0Uf9XOzwHg&index=1&list=PLWXFVIWufRrrfbiLbtK95WnUXcBjCc2QD --> Luis Falcon on MIT about GNU Health
- https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Tryton --> Wiki book being created by the community
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tryton --> Wikipedia Article
- https://code.google.com/p/tryton/wiki/TableOfContents --> Archived and Read Only
- http://wiki.silexsistemas.com.br/ --> Documentation in Portuguese created by Sílex Sistemas and Brazilian users.