PeerTube Index is a centralized search engine for PeerTube videos. It crawls PeerTube instances, index their videos, and discovers new instances. It is hosted at peertube-index.net.
This project is not affiliated to Framasoft, the maintainer of the PeerTube software.
How it works / what it does
- Scans instances if they have not been scanned for more than 24 hours
- Respects robots.txt directives
- Discovers new instances by adding the followed and following instances of a known instance being scanned
- Periodically updates its list of known instances from thefederation.info and instances.joinpeertube.org
- No scanning retry: at the first scanning error (network error, HTTP error, parsing error...) the instance is marked as failed for the next 24h
State of the project
This is a toy project built with the objectives of learning the Elixir language and experimenting some coding practices while building something that may be useful enough to keep me motivated.
I may improve it if it has enough users.
As this a toy project for practice and learning purposes, I do not want code contributions for now.