This is the source for my online guide to Ruby's C API. Visit the live site here.
Why I'm Making This Guide
- Most of them are outdated
- Most fail to cover different approaches when they are available
- Many cover only very specific use-cases
- Many have bad recommendations
- Many fail to explain when and why things are needed
- Many try to be exhaustive rather getting the reader up and running quickly
And it struck me that all of these problems come from these guides largely being on media that do not promote community-driven updates. So I'm writing a new guide that doesn't suck and is on Github so you too can help make it not suck.