HTTPS clone URL
Subversion checkout URL
Project Idea: Developer toolbar and logging improvements
- FAQ about SilverStripe on GSOC
- Form and model validation stories
- GSOC 2012 Project: Content Personalization
- GSOC 2012 Project: Developer Toolbar and Improved Framework Logging
- GSOC 2012 Project: Form and Model Validation
- GSOC 2012 Project: Improve Behaviour Testing Framework and Test Suite
- GSOC 2012 Project: Improve Payment Module
- GSOC 2012 Project: Improve silverstripe.org Modules and Widgets page
- GSOC 2012 Project: Module System Refactoring
- GSOC 2012 Student Application: Accessibility Improvements for the CMS
- Mentor Guidelines
- Project Idea: Accessibility improvements for the CMS
- Project Idea: Create Content Personalisation and Targeting Module
- Project Idea: Developer toolbar and logging improvements
- Project Idea: Form validation
- Project Idea: Help port SS2 modules to SS3
- Project Idea: Improve Behaviour Testing Framework and Testing Suite
- Project Idea: Improve dynamic templating module
- Project Idea: Improve Facebook Integration
- Project Idea: Improve geospatial capabilities
- Project Idea: Improve installation and ugprade process
- Project Idea: Improve Payment module
- Project Idea: Improve ss.org modules
- Project Idea: Module System Refactoring
- Who's who
Clone this wiki locally
Author: Ingo Schommer, email@example.com
SilverStripe can be a bit of a blackbox when it comes to internals like caching or executed database queries. Additional information is either not available, or requires “insider knowledge” like obscure GET parameters. We have the opportunity to achieve for SilverStripe what Firebug did for clientside web development.
- Create a web interface with details on the environment and current request, displayed alongside the website output.
- The code should be lightweight enough to live in core, but come with an extensible API for other modules to extend.
- Show environment information like $_SERVER, request parameters and global configuration.
- Show status and age of cached templates, and allow to clear the cache.
- Show all queries, formatted and sortable by execution time.
- Show all log events, filterable by their priority.
- Add more transparency to the framework via new info-level log events (e.g. when caches are created, or certain files aren’t found)
- Document the newly created API
- Excludes profiling information, which is handled much better by existing frontends like XHGUI+XHProf.
- Intermediate frontend skills to create a mini web application interface
- Proficiency in PHP and SilverStripe to create the API driving it.