The blog module allows you to post blogs on your SilverStripe. It includes the ability to post blogs using a site front-end form. Blogs are summarised on the blog holder page type, with more detail viewable when a specific blog is clicked.
- Front-end blog post form
- Posts allow bbcode
- RSS feed for blog and also feeds for comments on posts
- Easily customizable
- Tag cloud widget
- Archive widget
- Blog management widget
- RSS widget (will likely move in future)
We have chosen to go with the following page types to include with the blog module:
- BlogTree This is a holder of BlogHolder. If your site has only one blog holder, you won't need this page type.
- BlogHolder The BlogHolder shows BlogEntries, and provides a way to search etc.It would also contain methods to post new blogs.
- BlogEntry: This is simply an entry/post for the blog.
Blog archives can be viewed by
year/month by appending the year, followed by a forward slash, then the numerical month, to the end of the BlogHolder URL. Alternately, just the year can be appended to view entries for that year.
mysite/blog/2007/6would show blog entries for June 2007
mysite/blog/2007would show blog entries for 2007
The blog comes set up to use the
\themes\blackcandy_blog\ directory by default. See themes.