PostgreSQL Module Module
- Sam Minnee (Nickname: sminnee) firstname.lastname@example.org
- SilverStripe 4.0
- PostgreSQL 8.3.x or greater must be installed
- PostgreSQL <8.3.0 may work if T-Search is manually installed
- Known to work on OS X Leopard, Windows Server 2008 R2 and Linux
- Install via composer
composer require silverstripe/postgresql 1.2.*-devor extract the contents so they reside as a
postgresqldirectory inside your SilverStripe project code
- Open the installer by browsing to install.php, e.g. http://localhost/silverstripe/install.php
- Select PostgreSQL in the database list and enter your database details
See docs/en for more information about configuring the module.
All column and table names must be double-quoted. PostgreSQL automatically lower-cases columns, and your queries will fail if you don't.
Ts_vector columns are not automatically detected by the built-in search filters. That means if you're doing a search through the CMS on a ModelAdmin object, it will use LIKE queries which are very slow. If you're writing your own front-end search system, you can specify the columns to use for search purposes, and you get the full benefits of T-Search.
If you are using unsupported modules, there may be instances of MySQL-specific SQL queries which will need to be made database-agnostic where possible.