UserForms enables CMS users to create dynamic forms via a drag and drop interface and without getting involved in any PHP code.
* Will Rossiter (Nickname: wrossiter, willr) `<will (at) fullscreen (dot) io>`
- SilverStripe 3.1
- Construct a form using all major form fields (text, email, dropdown, radio, checkbox..)
- Ability to extend userforms from other modules to provide extra fields.
- Ability to email multiple people the form submission
- View submitted submissions and export them to CSV
- Define custom error messages and validation settings
- Pre fill your form fields, by passing your values by url (http://yoursite.com/formpage?EditableField1=MyValue)
composer require "silverstripe/userforms:dev-master"
- Download the module from the link above.
- Extract the file (if you are on windows try 7-zip for extracting tar.gz files
- Make sure the folder after being extracted is named 'userforms'
- Place this directory in your sites root directory. This is the one with framework and cms in it.
After installation, make sure you rebuild your database through
dev/build. You should see a new PageType in the CMS 'User Defined Form'. This has a new 'Form' tab which has your form builder.
After installation make sure you have done a
dev/build you may also need to flush the admin view by appending
?flush=1 to the URL like
This task is used to clear unused columns from EditableFormField
The reason to clear these columns is because having surplus forms can break form saving.
Currently it only supports MySQL and when it is run it queries the EditableFormField class for the valid columns, it then grabs the columns for the live database it will create a backup of the table and then remove any columns that are surplus.
To run the task login as Admin and go to to http://yoursite/dev/tasks/UserFormsColumnCleanTask
I would like to thank everyone who has contributed to the module, bugfixers, testers, clients who use the module and everyone that submits new features.
A big thanks goes out to Jan Düsedau for drawing the custom icon set for the form fields.
Translations of the natural language strings are managed through a third party translation interface, transifex.com. Newly added strings will be periodically uploaded there for translation, and any new translations will be merged back to the project source code.
Please use https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/silverstripe-userforms to contribute translations, rather than sending pull requests with YAML files.