How to shoot a fly with a cannon - or take a sledgehammer to crack a nut.
Railsgun is a "pico" framework Rails based for creating quick and simple static websites.
That's a rushed release :)
- hierarchy organized pages via yaml conf file
- multilanguage site - like yoursite.com/it/pagine-italiane and yoursite.com/en/english-pages
- pretty urls
- built with Ruby on Rails
- Heroku ready
- Integrated AWS S3/Cloudfront assets deployment
- a lot of documentation
- a lot of tests
- Ruby 1.8.7 or 1.9.2
- Rails 3.0.5
- Some gems - check Gemfile
git clone https://github.com/cantierecreativo/railsgun.git
gem install rails bundler
config/database.ymlaccording to your configuration
- Generate pages tree via
db/pages_tree.ymland then run
- Fill layouts and views partials
Funded and developed by Cantiere Creativo
All the credits to the respective owners/devopers of gems/plugins/scripts used.