This is a complete rewrite of Railsyard, a content management system heavily based on components and focused on easy theming and customization.
- Hierarchy organized pages
- Runs on Heroku
- Extremely easy theming
- Multilanguage frontend and backend (actually English, Italian and German)
- Different and independent pages for each language
- Editing both from backend and directly from frontend
- Blogging features with articles and comments
- User roles
- Reserved pages and articles
- Pretty urls and other seo-friendly features
- Drop-in themes
- Drop-in snippets plugins (using Rails Cells)
- Rails mountable engines support for heavy modification plugins
- Backend heavily based on drag & drop
- Built with Ruby on Rails
- Ruby 1.9.2 or 1.8.7
- Rails 3.1.3
- MySQL, PostgreSQL or SQLite
- Some gems - check Gemfile
We really suggest the use of Ruby RVM and Ruby 1.9.2
rvm install ruby-1.9.2-p290
rvm use ruby-1.9.2-p290
rvm gemset create "railsyard"
git clone https://github.com/cantierecreativo/railsyardcms.git
gem install rails -v="3.1.3"
gem install bundler
edit config/database.yml according to your configuration
rake db:seed to load some example pages
Admin interface is on
Take a look at the Wiki for the full documentation.
Funded and developed by Cantiere Creativo
All the credits to the respective owners/developers of gems/plugins/scripts used.
Railsyard exists mainly thanks to the Ruby/Rails community.
The big boys
- Silvio Relli - project manager and main developer
- Matteo Papadopoulos - backend and public themes designer
If you contributed to this project committing even a single bit feel free to add your name here!
- Paul Spieker - our first and very active contributor