Business Savvy Developer
I'm a developer turned engineering manager. Coming from a support role, to system administration, full stack development, and now into a leadership role I enjoy thoroughly. Working with product management, I guide the engineering team to devise solutions that can be delivered in an iterative manner. You'll find me collaborating with stakeholders on technical requirements and expected user behaviours, onboarding teams to an internally developed SDK and keeping the team's individual and shared needs in scope.
Location: Prague, Czech Republic
October 2020 - Current
Co-Founder, Bojagi, Berlin
- Focusing on discovering product market fit
- Conducting user interviews and product testing
- Outbound sales and pre-sales
November 2014 - October 2020
Senior Software Engineering Manager, Delivery Hero, Berlin
- Architecting the infrastructure for the Restaurant Portal product and internal plugin SDK.
- Facilitating SCRUM ceremonies for the product team: stand-up, grooming, review and planning.
- Extensively using AWS serverless technologies: Lambda, SQS, SNS and DynamoDB.
- Managing six direct reports, including their performance and professional development.
- Performing screenings and interviewing candidates for positions across the company.
- Soliciting SDK and component library feedback from remote sister teams (Dubai, Singapore and Montevideo).
April 2015 - November 2018
Faxologist, Bitcoin Fax, Berlin
Personal project that allows users to send faxes and pay for them with Bitcoin. My concept is that from time to time digital natives need to send a fax and Bitcoin doesn't suffer from merchant processing fees on small transactions.
- Over 700 faxes and 1 Bitcoin worth of transactions in the first year.
December 2013 - April 2014
Senior Web Developer, Tinkerbox Studios, Singapore
- TDD with RSpec.
- AJAX compatible site scraper.
- Migrate MongoDB Arrays into Collections, and deploy MongoDB indexes.
- Implement clean URLs for SEO.
- Reduced assets file size to increase page speed.
- Google Analytics Event tracking for conversion analysis.
April 2013 - September 2013
Web Developer for stealth mode e-commerce company, Singapore
- Developing front and backend systems using Foundation and CakePHP respectively.
- Converting requirements to Gherkin for BDD and CI with Travis CI.
- Responsive CSS for three widths: 320px, 768px and 1024px.
- Handlebars.js for templating real time calculations during checkout.
- Automated deployments with Capistrano.
January 2012 - March 2013
Platform Engineer, Pollenizer, Sydney and Singapore
- Developer and CTO for Coachy, Tiwala, Accruto start-ups.
- Developing from Product Manager provided scenarios.
- Practise lean startup methodologies.
- Relocated to Singapore in October 2012.
- Using CakePHP (2012) and Ruby on Rails (2013) frameworks.
- Linux System Administration for existing Pollenizer resources.
October 2010 - December 2011
Web Developer, Buyinvite, Sydney
- CakePHP development of high transacting eCommerce site.
- Resolving process inefficiencies by directly coworking with all departments.
- Rearchitected infrastructure, halving the number of servers.
- Reducing page load times.
- MySQL query tuning.
June 2010 - October 2010
Web Developer, Loaded Technologies, Sydney
- LAMP development.
- Support, maintaining and upgrading both internal and client SugarCRM installations.
- Client requirements gathering.
November 2006 – June 2010
Web Support Developer, Independent Digital Media, Sydney
- Developing and supporting PHP sites: homehound.com.au, PRIMPED and The Knot Australia (Rails).
- Formatting HTML newsletters for web based and mail desktop clients.
- XHTML compliance, client side scripting via jQuery.
- Supporting developers, planing deployment and developer processes.
- Web server, database and caching administration.
September 2005 – June 2006
Technical Support, Creative Computing, Sydney
- Successfully deploy and maintain Linux based Point-Of-Sale servers and clients.
- Establish pre-sale relationships with clients prior to deployment.
- Remote configuration of services such as Samba, CUPS and Postfix.
- Support internally developed accountancy package.
2016 Certified ScrumMaster, Scrum Alliance
2008 MySQL for Database Administrators, Cliftons, MySQL Training
2006 Linux Professional Institute Certified Level 1 (LPIC-1)
2002 – 2005 Bachelor of Information and Communication Technology, Network Management (Major Study), University of Wollongong.
- Serverless documentation contributions.
- Bouldering and Beach Volleyball.