gmusicapi: an unofficial API for Google Play Music
gmusicapi allows control of Google Music with Python.
from gmusicapi import Api api = Api() api.login('firstname.lastname@example.org', 'my-password') # => True library = api.get_all_songs() sweet_tracks = [track for track in library if track['artist'] == 'The Cat Empire'] playlist_id = api.create_playlist('Rad muzak') api.change_playlist(playlist_id, sweet_tracks)
gmusicapi is not supported nor endorsed by Google.
That said, it's actively maintained, and used in a bunch of cool projects:
- Malcolm Still's command line Google Music client (screenshot)
- Ryan McGuire's GMusicFS - a FUSE filesystem linked to your music
- David Dooling's sync scripts for Banshee
- Kilian Lackhove's Google Music support for http://www.tomahawk-player.org
- Tom Graham's playlist syncing tool
Check out the documentation at http://unofficial-google-music-api.readthedocs.org to get started.
If you want to get in touch, either drop by
#gmusicapi on Freenode or shoot me an email.
Copyright 2013 Simon Weber. Licensed under the 3-clause BSD. See LICENSE.