NOTE: This project is no longer being maintained. See sist2
Simple incremental search tool
Portable search tool for local files using Elasticsearch.
- Incremental search (Search as you type)
- Extracts text from common file types (Mp3 tags, picture sizes, content of docx, pdf, xlsx files etc.)
- Portable installation
- Generate thumbnails for images and videos
- Once indexed, no access to the files is required to search (useful for cold storage)
- Consult videos/GIFs/Images/audio directly in the search result page
- Can be configured to take very low disk space or to store maximum metadata/content
Java and python3 are required.
Once the web server is running, you can connect to the search interface by typing
localhost:8080 in your browser.
Setup on Windows/Mac/linux (Python 3.5+)
git clone https://github.com/simon987/Simple-Incremental-Search-Tool sudo pip3 install -r requirements.txt python3 run.py
Running unit tests
python3 -m unittest