Clone this wiki locally
Please follow these instructions to install Xindi:
- Check your setup supports the [minimum requirements] (https://github.com/simonbingham/xindi).
- Clone the project to your web root using
git clone https://github.com/simonbingham/xindi.git.
- Update submodules using
git submodule init && git submodule update --recursive.
- Create a datasource matching the name of the directory to which you installed Xindi. For example, if you installed Xindi to C:\ColdFusion9\wwwroot\xindi the datasource should be named
- Open the Application.cfc file, locate the getConfiguration() method and enter your custom settings. [A configuration setting reference can be found here.] (https://github.com/simonbingham/xindi/wiki/2.-Configuration)
- Open [http://localhost/xindi/index.cfm?rebuild=true] (http://localhost/xindi/index.cfm?rebuild=true) in your web browser.
rebuild=trueis required for the initial request to ensure the default content and user account are added to the database. If you exclude
rebuild=truefrom the url you'll get an error.
- That's it!
You'll be able to access Xindi's public facing site at [http://localhost/xindi/] (http://localhost/xindi/) and the content management system itself at [http://localhost/xindi/admin] (http://localhost/xindi/admin). The default login details are
If you are installing on Lucee you will need to edit the
web.xml file to enable search engine safe URLs.
/lucee/conf/web.xmlin a text editor.
<url-pattern>/xindi/index.cfm/*</url-pattern>as the last url pattern.
- Save the file.
- Restart Lucee.
To run the test suite you will need to have [CFSelenium] (https://github.com/bobsilverberg/CFSelenium) installed in your webroot (or outside your webroot with a mapping setup in ColdFusion/Lucee administrator). You will also need to install the [Testbox] (https://github.com/Ortus-Solutions/TestBox) submodule:
git submodule init git submodule update
You will also need to have [Google Chrome] (https://www.google.com/chrome/) installed in order to run the Selenium tests.
Once setup you can run the test suite by browsing to [http://localhost/xindi/_tests/runner.cfm] (http://localhost/xindi/_tests/runner.cfm).
Help & Support
If you need assistance installing Xindi please [visit our Google Group] (https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en&fromgroups#!forum/getxindi) for help and advice.