Version 0.9.3 (2015-10-09)
- Support for typesetting Japanese according to the JIS X 4051 standard, both horizontally and vertically.
- Unicode line-breaking support; scripts now line-break correctly even if they don't have specific language support. Optionally uses the ICU library if installed.
- Font designers rejoice: you can now say \font[filename=...] to use uninstalled fonts.
- Pango/Cairo support is now officially deprecated. Stop using it!
- Improvements to USX Bible processing.
- Experimental support for Structured PDF generation.
- Support for Opentype kerning.
- Support for custom frame direction (e.g. "TTB-LTR" for Mongolian).
- Support for many-way parallel texts across pages or spreads.
- Line breaking support for Myanmar, Javanese and Uyghur.
- Support for boustrophedon Greek. No, really.
- Various fixes to bidirectionality, discretionary hyphens, insertions, footnotes, grid typesetting, alignment.
- Under-the-hood advancements for Harfbuzz.
Press h to open a hovercard with more details.