Fontello - iconic fonts scissors
This tool lets you combine iconic webfonts for your own project. With fontello you can:
- shrink glyph collections, minimizing font size
- merge symbols from several fonts into a single file
- access large sets of professional-grade open source icons
Now it's trivial to make a custom iconic webfont, exactly for your needs. First, select the icons you like. Then update glyph codes (optional), and download your webfont bundle. We generate everything you need, ready for publishing on your website!
Don't forget about donations... These are some awesome icons, available with an open source license :) . A donation is the best way to express gratitude for our work.
Fontello comes with the following embedded set of iconic fonts:
- Entypo by Daniel Bruce (CC BY-SA license)
- Font Awesome by Dave Gandy (CC BY-SA license)
- Iconic by P.J. Onori (SIL OFL)
- Brandico by... all :) (SIL OFL)
Please, note that these embedded fonts differ from the original files. We did some modifications to unify characteristics such as scale, ascent/descent andalignment. If you need specific details on modifications, take a look into the updated fonts repos at github.
- Questions: Google group
- Bug reports: Issue tracker
- Suggestion for adding your OFL fonts or other collaborations: email@example.com
- Roman Shmelev (shmelev)
- Vitaly Puzrin (puzrin). Follow on twitter.
- Aleksey Zapparov (ixti). Follow @zapparov on twitter.
Fontello's code (all files, except fonts) is distributed under MIT license. See LICENSE file for details.
Embedded fonts are distributed under their primary licenses (SIL OFL / CC BY / CC BY-SA). See section Embedded Fonts above for credits & links to font homepages.
Generated fonts are intended for web usage, and should not be considered/distributed as independent artwork. Consider fontello a font archiver and credit original font creators according to their respective license.
Crediting fontello is not required :)