Roadmap / Wishlist
Ideas about where the hledger project should be going next, as of 2019q4. Discussion welcome.
Dated targets we are aiming for:
- hledger 1.16 - 2019-12-01
- ghc 8.8 support
- updated home page, faq, manuals
- basic bar charts
- reduce install hassles with terminfo C lib
Current priorities for the project, grouped under four overarching themes:
Improving the docs.
Improving approachability, just-works quality, practicality, real-world usefulness.
Adding charts and more visual appeal.
Improving suitability for investment tracking. #1015
A few high-level maintainer wishes, by topic. Discussing/moving any of these forward is a big help.
- build the contributor/dev guide from CONTRIBUTING.md plus the READMEs; clean up
- move general PTA docs to plaintextaccounting.org
- simplify manuals' TOC/structure on the website
- migrate to tasty, unblock ghc 8.8 support
- survey/document current testing setup (process, coverage, redundancy..); identify weaknesses; design a policy for tests; make a plan for achieving that
- start adding property tests/other new kinds of testing if appropriate