Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Clone this wiki locally
Welcome to the hledger wiki!
This complements the main hledger website and the reference manuals on hledger.org with additional docs, which can be edited more quickly:
- the User Cookbook - how-tos, tutorials, examples, notes..
- the Dev Zone - developer notes, contributor guide..
You can find all content via the sidebar to the right.
This is your wiki! Please edit, improve and use it freely.
- Github wikis help
- editing requires a github account
- edit by web, or by git clone, local edit, git push
- link between wiki pages:
[[Other text|Pagename]]. Pagename is case insensitive and can have spaces.
- link to wiki pages from elsewhere:
https://github.com/simonmichael/hledger/wiki/Pagename. Pagename is case insensitive and can have spaces.
- link to hledger manual sections:
http://hledger.org/manual#anchor. anchor is any manual heading's text, lowercased with punctuation removed and spaces replaced by hyphens.
- when renaming a page, try also to update the links to it
- use the _Sidebar to organize content. This is mirrored to the main docs page hourly. We might include some external (non-wiki) links here.
- Dev Zone content is in the dev/ subdirectory. It has its own _Sidebar, which can only be edited via git. The subdirectory "dev/" does not appear in wiki links or urls. Page names should be unique across all directories. Pages created through the web are always in the top directory; they can be moved into dev/ with git.