Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 31 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Welcome to the hledger Cookbook! This complements the main hledger website and reference docs with additional how-tos, tutorials, notes, etc. Unlike the main content, it is stored in hledger's Github wiki. This means you can make quick edits via Github's web UI, without pull requests or tool setup. Please edit freely!
- Use the links below to organise Cookbook content. They (everything from the "Cookbook" heading down) will automatically appear on the hledger.org home page.
- Github wikis help
- editing requires a github account
- edit by web, or by git clone, local edit, git push
- link between wiki pages:
[[Other text|Pagename]]. Pagename is case insensitive and can have spaces.
- link to wiki pages from elsewhere:
https://github.com/simonmichael/hledger/wiki/Pagename. Pagename is case insensitive and can have spaces.
- link to hledger manual sections from the wiki:
http://hledger.org/manual#anchor. anchor is any manual heading's text, lowercased with punctuation removed and spaces replaced by hyphens.
- when renaming a page, try also to update the links to it
- For the most accurate rendering, live updating etc., you may prefer
to render the hledger website and cookbook locally, with live
updating, etc. In your copy of the hledger repo, clone the wiki to