I'm Simon (he/him), an R developer and data scientist. I work on software for statistical modeling at Posit PBC (formerly RStudio) as a generalist maintainer on the tidymodels package ecosystem.
Here are some R packages for statistical modeling that I work on:
- tidymodels/broom: convert statistical analysis objects to tidy tibbles
- tidymodels/infer: a grammar for tidy statistical inference
- tidymodels/stacks: tidymodels-friendly model stacking and ensembling
- tidymodels/bonsai: model wrappers for tree-based models
- tidymodels/workflows: combine pre-processing, modeling, and post-processing objects
- tidymodels/workflowsets: creating collections of modeling workflows
- rstudio/bundle: a consistent interface for model serialization
I also maintain a few personal R packages that range in functionality from data querying to biological methods:
- simonpcouch/anyflights: query
nycflights13-like data for any recent year and US airport
- simonpcouch/gbfs: query data on public bikes from hundreds of bikeshare programs
- simonpcouch/carpentR: predicting lake algal blooms using plankton dynamics
- rudeboybert/forestecology: methods for model fitting and assessment in forest ecology
🐥 Say hi!
If you're interested in trainings/workshops/talks about R, the tidyverse, or tidymodels, please get in touch! I'm a certified tidyverse trainer.