Start uIPTool utility for AUTO folder
(c) 2018 by Matthias Arndt firstname.lastname@example.org
The MIT License applies, see LICENSE for details
This is a utility for the Atari ST AUTO folder. It allows to run the uIPTool (https://bitbucket.org/sqward/uip-tools) at system startup without having to manually click on the desktop.
Place it in AUTO folder before running MiNT/MagiC or any network stacks like STING.
- Atari ST or compatible computer
- uIPTool and a compatible Atari NIC (Netusbee, Hydra)
- copy uIPTool as UIP.TOS in the root of your boot drive
- place STARTUIP.PRG in your AUTO folder (preferrably at the beginning)
- The tool waits until 5s timeout for keyboard input.
- If there is no keyboard input, the AUTO boot sequence is resumed.
- Press 'U' to activate uIPTool once. Boot continues after its termination.
- Press 'R' to activate uIPTool in repeating mode.
In repeating mode uIPTool is started. When the tool crashes or terminates, the user can quit and resume the system boot sequence if desired. After a small timeout of 5s uIPTool will start again.
I had troubles on my LAN with lossing connection and it was tedious to restart uIPTool by hand in these cases.