World Clock Calendar
A fork of the Cinnamon calendar applet with support for displaying multiple timezones.
Current Version: 1.2 (2015-08-26).
- Show one or more additional clocks for any timezone supported by the system.
- Settings dialogue to add/remove/edit/re-order clocks.
- Tool-tip shows the additional clocks.
- Recently described as “super slick” by OMG! Ubuntu!; thanks!
- The times and dates will be formatted according to the system locale settings, specifically
LC_TIME(as with the default Calendar applet). If you wish to change this, you can use (e.g.)
sudo update-locale LC_TIME=zh_TW.UTF-8(you will need to log out and in again for changes to take effect).
- v1.2 (2015-08-26) -- update support for more environments, including multiple distinct instances of the applet.
- v1.1 (2014-12-18) -- first Cinnamon 2.4 compatible version.
- v1.0 (2013-08-28) -- rewrite to update to Cinnamon 2.0 support, and move to the Cinnamon 1.8+ settings api.
- v0.6 (2013-06-25) -- minor optimization.
- v0.5 (2013-06-23) -- Updated to use
TimeZoneto handle the timezone conversion (credit to Maciej Katafiasz, a.k.a. mathrick).
- v0.4 (2012-12-25) -- Updated to use
GSettings(now updates automatically when the settings are changed, without the need to restart Cinnamon).
- v0.3 (2012-12-20) -- fix to work with older versions of
GLib(e.g. on Fedora 17). Thanks to Pulsar.
- v0.2 (2012-12-12) -- Initial release.