Table of Contents
- Module Description - What the module does and why it is useful
- Setup - The basics of getting started with simp_options
- Usage - Configuration options and additional functionality
- Reference - An under-the-hood peek at what the module is doing and how
- Limitations - OS compatibility, etc.
- Development - Guide for contributing to the module
This module provides variables needed by one or more SIMP module.
This is a SIMP module
This module is a component of the System Integrity Management Platform, a compliance-management framework built on Puppet.
Most SIMP modules actively take advantage of this module when used within the SIMP ecosystem.
simp_options module primarily provides variables that are
- Enablers of capabilities provided or used by SIMP modules.
- Data that describes the configuration of a site.
- The scope of the data is larger than the scope of a single module.
- 0..n unrelated profiles might make use of this data.
Some of these variables support SIMP's security compliance reporting.
What simp_options affects
The variables provided by
simp_options are used by SIMP modules to
enable and/or configure capabilities.
Beginning with simp_options
simp_options is configured for you when you run
simp config on your SIMP
system. Otherwise, setup is simple: include the class as the first class in your
site.pp and select the desired capabilities through Hiera or your ENC.
environments/simp/hieradata/simp_defs.yaml file delivered with the
simp puppet module is an example file that can be used to create the
appropriate hieradata for your site.
TODO - Need to describe the nuances of the global catalysts?
- More details of what they do than what is in each manifest
- How they are related/interoperate.
- Any bad stuff that can happen if you don't enable them.
TODO - Anything to put here? Module is trivial, so further explanation doesn't seem warranted.
This module is applicable to SIMP systems or systems containing SIMP components.
Please read our Contribution Guide.