The SimPhoNy Framework is a meta-package to simplify integration and testing of the SimPhoNy simulation tools. The framework is build around the simphony library and the SimPhoNy plugins.
The simphony-common version that is supported in version 0.3.0 of the framework is:
The SimPhoNy plugins that are compatible with this release: are:
- https://github.com/simphony/simphony-jyulb/releases/tag/0.2.0, version 0.2.0
- https://github.com/simphony/simphony-lammps-md/releases/tag/0.1.5, version 0.1.5
- https://github.com/simphony/simphony-openfoam/releases/tag/0.1.5, version 0.1.5
- https://github.com/simphony/simphony-numerrin/releases/tag/0.1.1, version 0.1.1
- https://github.com/simphony/simphony-kratos/releases/tag/0.2.0, version 0.2.0
- https://github.com/simphony/simphony-mayavi/releases/tag/0.4.1, version 0.4.1
- https://github.com/simphony/simphony-aviz/releases/tag/0.2.0, version 0.1.0
- https://github.com/simphony/simphony-paraview/releases/tag/0.2.0, version 0.2.0
The repository is hosted in github:
The SimPhoNy Framework repository code and scripts are governed by the BSD license (see LICENSE.txt). The various dependencies, however, have their own licensing condition please make sure that you agree and comply with the license of the components that will be installed.
Checkout the simphony-framework repo:
git clone https://github.com/simphony/simphony-framework.git cd simphony-framework
The SymPhoNy framework is developed and tested on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64bit and Ubuntu 14.04. The following commands and included scripts assume that they are executed inside the top level directory of the simphony-framework cloned repository.
To build and install the various parts of simphony framework a Makefile is provided.
make help list all the available targets.
Installing build dependencies
All these targets make sure that the necessary libraries are installed by the
various apt repositories, and require
sudo make prepare
Install the appropriate dependencies for the UI package you plan to install (either mayavi or paraview). The two are incompatible in deployment. To install Mayavi:
sudo make apt-mayavi-deps
If you are installing paraview, use the
Setup virtual environment and solvers
It is recommended that the simphony framework is installed in a python virtual environment to avoid contaminating the system python with the simphony packages and allow a simpler user installation. The resulting activation script also exports all the variables needed to successfully run the programs.
The following make command builds the virtual environment:
It also installs solvers that are not available as deb packages and need to be built locally.
numerrin target will install the numerrin library. To use this solver, please
ensure that environment variable PYNUMERRIN_LICENSE points to a valid Numerrin
which will create a virtual enviroment in
SIMPHONYENV=<path> make venv
Activate the environment:
Finally, install the complete framework with:
make simphony simphony-mayavi
simphony-paraviewcan be used in place of
to install paraview.
simphony-paraviewcan be setup to use the system (default) or openfoam build of Paraview using the
- sudo make prepare apt-mayavi-deps make solvers make venv source ~/simphony/bin/activate make simphony simphony-mayavi
The testing of simphony-numerrin is only performed if the environement variable HAVE_NUMERRIN is set to yes (i.e. ''HAVE_NUMERRIN=yes make test-framework'')