Ember Simple Auth 1.0.0 changes a lot of external API, a large part of these changes being breaking changes (see #602 for reference). Because of that this changelog entry does not mark these breaking changes individually but merely offers an overview of what has changed.
- Ember Simple Auth is now compatible with all Ember version starting with 1.12.0.
- Ember Simple Auth is only available as an Ember CLI Addon - the globalized and bower distributions are no longer maintained.
- The session is no longer injected into routes and controllers but instead exposed as a service. The service has most of the methods that the session had before. The session can also no longer be extended. Instead either extend the session service or add another service that uses the session service to provide additional functionality.
- Auto-authorization of all AJAX request has been dropped. All authorization now has to be initiated explicitly via the session service's
authorizemethod. There is the new
DataAdapterMixinthat can be used to simply authorize all Ember Data requests.
- All authenticators and authorizers the application uses now have to be defined in
app/authorizersrespectively while in most cases they will simply inherit one of the predefined authenticators/ authorizers. Also configuration of authenticators and authorizers is no longer done via
config/environment.jsbut instead by overriding properties in the extended authenticators/authorizers.
ApplicationRouteMixinnow maps the session events to the
sessionInvalidatedmethods instead of the actions from previous versions.
- The default session store is now the adaptive store that will use
localStorageif available and a cookie otherwise. When testing, Ember Simple Auth will always use the ephemeral store.
- The test helpers now take the application instance as the first argument and must be imported explicitly in the respective test.
- The session is now restored in the application route's
beforeModelmethod instead of in an initializer.