SimplePie is a very fast and easy-to-use class, written in PHP, that puts the 'simple' back into 'really simple syndication'. Flexible enough to suit beginners and veterans alike, SimplePie is focused on speed, ease of use, compatibility and standards compliance.
- PHP 5.6+ (Required since SimplePie 1.5.3)
- libxml2 (certain 2.7.x releases are too buggy for words, and will crash)
- One of iconv, mbstring or intl extensions
- cURL or fsockopen()
- PCRE support
What comes in the package?
src/- SimplePie classes for use with the autoloader
autoloader.php- The SimplePie Autoloader if you want to use the separate file version.
README.markdown- This document.
LICENSE.txt- A copy of the BSD license.
compatibility_test/- The SimplePie compatibility test that checks your server for required settings.
demo/- A basic feed reader demo that shows off some of SimplePie's more noticeable features.
idn/- A third-party library that SimplePie can optionally use to understand Internationalized Domain Names (IDNs).
build/- Scripts related to generating pieces of SimplePie
test/- SimplePie's unit test suite.
Since SimplePie 1.3, we've split the classes into separate files to make it easier to maintain and use.
If you'd like a single monolithic file, see the assets in the
releases, or you can
php build/compile.php to generate
To start the demo
- Upload this package to your webserver.
- Make sure that the cache folder inside of the demo folder is server-writable.
- Navigate your browser to the demo folder.
SimplePie is currently maintained by Malcolm Blaney.
As an open source project, SimplePie is maintained on a somewhat sporadic basis. This means that feature requests may not be fulfilled straight away, as time has to be prioritized.
If you'd like to contribute to SimplePie, the best way to get started is to fork the project on GitHub and send pull requests for patches. When doing so, please be aware of our coding standards.
Authors and contributors
- Malcolm Blaney (Maintainer, support)
- Ryan McCue (developer, support)
- Ryan Parman (Creator, developer, evangelism, support)
- Sam Sneddon (Lead developer)
- Michael Shipley (Submitter of patches, support)
- Steve Minutillo (Submitter of patches)
For a complete list of contributors:
- Pull down the latest SimplePie code
- In the
git shortlog -ns