Warning: SimplePie 1.2 is no longer officially supported! Upgrade to 1.3 instead. (This branch is kept around for PHP 4 compatibility and is not maintained officially. Patches will still be accepted.)
Authors and contributors
- Ryan McCue (Maintainer, support)
- Ryan Parman (Creator, developer, evangelism, support)
- Geoffrey Sneddon (Lead developer)
- Michael Shipley (Submitter of patches, support)
- Steve Minutillo (Submitter of patches)
For a complete list of contributors:
- Pull down the latest SimplePie code
- In the
git shortlog -ns
SimplePie is currently maintained by Ryan McCue.
SimplePie is currently in "low-power mode." If the community decides that SimplePie is a valuable tool, then the community will come together to maintain it into the future.
If you're interested in getting involved with SimplePie, please get in touch with Ryan McCue.
What comes in the package?
simplepie.inc- The SimplePie library. This is all that's required for your pages.
README.markdown- This document.
LICENSE.txt- A copy of the BSD license.
compatibility_test/- The SimplePie compatibility test that checks your server for required settings.
demo/- A basic feed reader demo that shows off some of SimplePie's more noticable features.
idn/- A third-party library that SimplePie can optionally use to understand Internationalized Domain Names (IDNs).
test/- SimplePie's unit test suite.
To start the demo
- Upload this package to your webserver.
- Make sure that the cache folder inside of the demo folder is server-writable.
- Navigate your browser to the demo folder.
For further setup and install documentation, function references, etc., visit: http://simplepie.org/wiki/
For bug reports and feature requests, visit: http://github.com/simplepie/simplepie/issues
Support mailing list -- powered by users, for users. http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/simplepie-support/