Intelligent Reasoning by Example
This book is no longer available through John Wiley publishers. You can download a free PDF copy here.
The PDF copy has a small number of discrepancies with the print version, including
- different page numbers from Part III (p.129)
- certain mathematical symbols are not displayed correctly, including
- ⊢ displayed as |
- ⊬ displayed as |;/
- ⊨ displayed as =
- ⊭ displayed as =;/
- the index is currently missing
I am working on fixing these.
The following minor errors have all been corrected in the December 1994 reprint:
- p.121: the variable
Posin the definition of
eval/2should be defined as
- p.121, bottom: the query should be
- p.175, top: "Note that this atom theta-subsumes every other possible generalisation..." -- this should be "is theta-subsumed by...";
- p.219, answer to exercise 3.3: "adding a cut at the end of the second clause has no effect, while placing it just before the literal
student_of(S,T)will only prune the answer..." -- this is actually just the other way around (the bottom-right figure is also wrong).