Kasli EEM controller
Kasli is low-cost FPGA carrier, capable of controlling at 12 Eurocard extension modules. It can act as either an ARTIQ master, or as a slave connected to the master via DRTIO.
- XC7A100T-2FGG484I FPGA, DDR3 RAM, SPI flash
- a clock recovery and distribution network
- USB connectivity with four virtual ports
- four high speed 6 GB/s transcievers for Ethernet and DRTIO, and
- up to 12 EEM ports for Eurocard Extension modules
Master thesis proposal talk by Paweł.
Front panel connections:
- 3 SFP connectors for Ethernet (if Kasli is the master) and DRTIO (one upstream, two downstream). Each with a LED.
- SFP1: Ethernet in stand-alone (if Kasli is master), DRTIO upstream otherwise
- SFP2: DRTIO downstream
- SFP3: DRTIO downstream or special purpose.
- 1 micro USB for JTAG, serial console, I2C
- 1 SMA to the clock recovery and clock distribution chip used as RTIO reference clock input in master/stand-alone mode (10 dBm sine/square)
- FBarrel connector for +12V power, used for Kasli and passed through to the EEM IDCs. Compatible with locking barrel connectors for increased ruggedness.
- Eight EEM (0-7) available as 30 pin IDC connectors on Kasli
- Four EEM (8-11) available on the 96 pin DIN 41612 connector
WARNING: Power down Kasli before plugging/unplugging EEMs.
- DIN 41612 96 position connector to backplane.
- Hosts 8 EEMs using standard EEM headers
- Up to 4 EEMs via backplane
- 1 SATA (wired as master/host) connected to a transciever
- SATA1 ("host" pinout, not "disk"/"reversed"): DRTIO downstream or special purpose
- 4 MMCX outputs with the RTIO reference frequency
- Port 4 of the FT4232H available on an optional pin header
- FPGA JTAG
- 3 USER_LEDs
- 1000BASE SFP module for Ethernet connection. One of the following:
- 1000BASE-BX-U and 1000BASE-BX-D and LC-LC fiber and SFP slot in upstream switch port
- 1000BASE-T GBIC, RJ45 and RJ45 connection (or another GBIC plus SFP slot) in upstream switch
- Direct attach cable (twinax), and SFP slot in upstream switch
- Pair of 1000BASE-LX modules plus LC-LC duplex fiber and SFP slot in switch
- Ethernet switch if not already present
- 12V Power supply, >=5A, with barrel connector, 5.5 mm OD, 2.5 mm ID, can be locking
- Several 30 pin IDC cables to connect EEM modules
- 3U Subrack/crate
- Computer and ARTIQ