New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

New Release #1123

Closed
b264 opened this Issue Jun 21, 2016 · 10 comments

Comments

Projects
None yet
3 participants
@b264

b264 commented Jun 21, 2016

Is there any way to cut a new release off master?

Rails5 is almost done and there is no version that is compatible yet, but the master branch seems to be fine due to a couple things that were fixed since January. Using Rails, Sidekiq, and Sinatra (for the Sidekiq administration) is a common paradigm.

@zzak

This comment has been minimized.

Show comment
Hide comment
@zzak

zzak Jun 22, 2016

Member

There will be a release as soon as I can, until then feel free to use master.

Member

zzak commented Jun 22, 2016

There will be a release as soon as I can, until then feel free to use master.

@zzak zzak closed this Jun 22, 2016

@b264

This comment has been minimized.

Show comment
Hide comment
@b264

b264 Jun 22, 2016

A 2.0.0-beta1 release that bundle update can upgrade would be better than folks using a commit sha on master or their own fork, in my opinion. The beta would imply it's not done yet while still allowing a successful gemfile resolution by bundler.

b264 commented Jun 22, 2016

A 2.0.0-beta1 release that bundle update can upgrade would be better than folks using a commit sha on master or their own fork, in my opinion. The beta would imply it's not done yet while still allowing a successful gemfile resolution by bundler.

@zzak

This comment has been minimized.

Show comment
Hide comment
@zzak

zzak Jun 23, 2016

Member

I will consider cutting a pre-release, thanks.

Member

zzak commented Jun 23, 2016

I will consider cutting a pre-release, thanks.

@b264

This comment has been minimized.

Show comment
Hide comment

b264 commented Jun 24, 2016

@b264

This comment has been minimized.

Show comment
Hide comment

b264 commented Jun 24, 2016

@b264

This comment has been minimized.

Show comment
Hide comment

b264 commented Jun 24, 2016

@b264

This comment has been minimized.

Show comment
Hide comment

b264 commented Jun 24, 2016

@b264 b264 referenced this issue Jul 1, 2016

Merged

Sinatra 2.0.0 alpha [redux] #1033

4 of 9 tasks complete
@ericboehs

This comment has been minimized.

Show comment
Hide comment
@ericboehs

ericboehs Jul 5, 2016

@zzak thoughts on cutting a pre-release?

ericboehs commented Jul 5, 2016

@zzak thoughts on cutting a pre-release?

@zzak

This comment has been minimized.

Show comment
Hide comment
@zzak

zzak Jul 6, 2016

Member

@ericboehs Thanks, I'm still considering

Member

zzak commented Jul 6, 2016

@ericboehs Thanks, I'm still considering

@zzak

This comment has been minimized.

Show comment
Hide comment
@zzak

zzak Jul 7, 2016

Member

For anyone coming back to this, the reason for not releasing yet is because I'm waiting to merge stable sinatra-contrib and rack-protection gems into the repo.

However, there is a blocking release on contrib and working through the remaining issues before I can do that.

Any help there is appreciated to speed up the release 🙇

No, I don't think I want to release before that is done, even a pre-release because I explicitly said that sinatra-contrib will be a first-class citizen.

Sorry for the delay, but you're free to use master until that work is done.

If you run into any issues please report them, but I'm not going to consider a release only to change one line in your Gemfile.

Member

zzak commented Jul 7, 2016

For anyone coming back to this, the reason for not releasing yet is because I'm waiting to merge stable sinatra-contrib and rack-protection gems into the repo.

However, there is a blocking release on contrib and working through the remaining issues before I can do that.

Any help there is appreciated to speed up the release 🙇

No, I don't think I want to release before that is done, even a pre-release because I explicitly said that sinatra-contrib will be a first-class citizen.

Sorry for the delay, but you're free to use master until that work is done.

If you run into any issues please report them, but I'm not going to consider a release only to change one line in your Gemfile.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment