See original project, and documentation at:
HTML5 Boilerplate is a professional front-end template that helps you build fast, robust, adaptable, and future-proof websites. Spend more time developing and less time reinventing the wheel.
This project is the product of many years of iterative development and combined community knowledge. It does not impose a specific development philosophy or framework, so you're free to architect your code in the way that you want.
Clone the git repo -
git clone git://github.com/h5bp/html5-boilerplate.git - or download it
- HTML5 ready. Use the new elements with confidence.
- Cross-browser compatible (Chrome, Opera, Safari, Firefox 3.6+, IE6+).
- Designed with progressive enhancement in mind.
- CSS normalizations and common bug fixes.
- IE-specific classes for easier cross-browser control.
- A default print stylesheet, performance optimized.
- Mobile browser optimizations.
- Protection against any stray
- The latest jQuery via CDN, with a local fallback.
- A custom Modernizr build for feature detection.
- An optimized Google Analytics snippet.
- Apache server caching, compression, and other configuration defaults for Grade-A performance.
- Cross-domain Ajax and Flash.
- "Delete-key friendly." Easy to strip out parts you don't need.
- Extensive inline and accompanying documentation.
Anyone and everyone is welcome to contribute. Hundreds of developers have helped make the HTML5 Boilerplate what it is today.
- Source: http://github.com/h5bp/html5-boilerplate
- Web: http://html5boilerplate.com
- Docs: http://html5boilerplate.com/docs
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/h5bp
- jQuery: MIT/GPL license
- Modernizr: MIT/BSD license
- Normalize.css: Public Domain
The Unlicense (aka: public domain)