Compatibilities => up to WP_4.0
Allows you to minify your CSS and JS files for faster page loading for visitors. This plugin uses the PHP library Minify and relies on WordPress's enqueueing system rather than the output buffer (will not break your website in most cases). This plugin is very customizable and easy to use.
- Put the Lib : LAB.js in cnd (script that create the deferred) = nos cookies for the library en for the scripts that are deferred ;)
- Scripts to not deferred (not asynchrone)
- Uses the enqueueing system of WordPress which improves compatibility with other plugins and themes
- Allows you to customize all minify strings
- Allows you to change various Minify configuration options by editing the config file directly
- Offers various way to add a cache buster to your minify string
- Gives you total control over how this plugin minifies your scripts
- Supports script localization (
- Supports RTL stylesheets
- Supports media-specific stylesheets (e.g. 'screen', 'print', etc.)
- Supports conditional stylesheets (e.g.
<!--[if lt IE 7]>)
- Provides hooks for further customization
- WordPress Multi-site compatible
Important Notes & Changelog
If you want to make the most out of BWP Minify, it is highly recommended that you give this BWP Minify Advanced Customizations guide a read!
- Update Minify library to (2.1.7), there was a sérious vulnerability on all the old version
- Fix : jquery enqueued but wrong script written after. (WP_3.6)
- Fixed a possible fatal error on certain installations.
- Added support for inline styles (available since WordPress 3.3).
- Cache directory is now hidden from normal admins when used on a Multi-site environment.
- Added additional hooks allowing developers to control Minify Tags and Minify Src, more info: http://betterwp.net/community/topic/226/additional-hooks-filters-to-getminifytag/ (
- Added a new hook for buster allowing developers to dynamically work with this variable (
- Fixed the pass-by-references fatal error when activating the plugin on a host using PHP 5.4 or higher.
- Fixed a possible bug where dependencies are ignored, more info: http://betterwp.net/community/topic/153/dependencies-ignored/
- Fixed a possible bug where scripts are echoed twice.
- Updated Turkish (tr_TR) translation - Thanks to Hakan E!
- New Features:
- Added a Flush cache button
- Split auto minify option into two options, auto minify js and auto minify css
- Added a new buster: theme version - thanks to Jon for the patch!
- Bugs fixed:
- Fixed a bug that broke minify strings if current port is not 80
- Fixed two bugs that broke minify strings when
- Fixed media style duplication issue
- Fixed a deprecate notice caused by the use of
- Fixed some script dependency issue when you choose to ignore certain scripts
- Increased default cache time to something longer (2 hours)
- Cache directory can now be edited in admin area. Please note that changing the cache directory is still a two-step process, which has been described in great details here.
- Added a Turkish translation - Thanks to Hakan E.
- Added a French translation - Thanks to Sebastien
- Added an Italian translation - Thanks to Gabriele
- Fixed two possible PHP notices when using root-relative paths as Minify URL. Thanks to Marcus!
- Fixed wrongly closed HTML
- Fixed a bug that breaks the dynamic JS file enqueued by Mingle plugin.
- Fixed an incompatibility issue with WP Download Monitor.
- Fixed an incompatibility issue with Geo-Mashup, thanks to JeremyCherfas for reporting!
- Added support for the new script localization function introduced in WordPress 3.3. Thanks to workshopshed for reporting!
- Added Romanian translation, thanks to Luke Tyler!
- Fixed a possible PHP warning about an argument not being an array.
- Hot fix for 1.0.7, which resolves the broken CSS issues for the wp-login page when you install WordPress in a sub-directory.
- Hot fix for 1.0.6, which resolves some compatibility issues with certain plugins.
- Added four more hooks for theme developers to fully control how scripts and styles should be enqueued and minified.
- Changed the Min URL hook a bit so themes can actually filter it.
- Added support for plugins or themes that try to enqueue and print script using the
wp_footeraction instead of the
initaction. Plugins like 'Jetpack by WordPress.com' should be working correctly now.
- Other improvements made to the positioning of styles and scripts.
Enjoy BWP Minify!
- Added support for theme developers who would like to integreate BWP Minify into their themes
- Added a new hook added for
- Added new hooks to allow theme developers to only minify certain media files (see this section for more details).
- Some bug fixes.
- Added a new hook added for
- A lot of improvements have been made to catch styles and scripts printed using
- The base (
b) parameter has been removed from the minify string to add support for non-standard WordPress installation (
wp-contenthas been moved or renamed.) Thanks to Lee Powell for bug reports and patches!
- Fixed a bug that makes BWP Minify fail to determine the cache directory in a sub-folder installation of Multi-site.
- Fixed a possible incompatibility issue with Easy Fancybox, thanks to Bob for reporting!
- Minor bug fixes for login and signup pages.
- Fixed an incompatibility issue with media files' uppercase letters.
- Fixed a minor undefined offset notice, thanks to Torsten!
- Fixed a compatibility issue with dynamically generated media files, thanks to naimer!
- Not really a changelog, but a small snippet for users who want to exclude CSS files has been posted.
- Fixed a compatibility issue with other plugins loading styles and scripts on a separate .php page. Thanks to larry!
- Also fixed a possible bug in 1.0.1
- The plugin should now detect cache folder correctly for users who install WordPress in a sub-directory.
- Initial Release.
- English (default)
- Romanian (ro_RO) - Thanks to Luke Tyler, International Calling Cards!
- Turkish (tr_TR) - Thanks to Hakan E
- French (fr_FR) - Thanks to Sebastien
- Italian (it_IT) - Thanks to Gabriele - http://cookspot.it
Please help translate this plugin!
Security fix for Minify library
Please visit https://code.google.com/p/minify/