Another beta, hopefully this one is actually the last one :P
Remember that you need the Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 x86 Runtime to use the Windows build.
Changes since beta 3:
- Opening archives by dragging and dropping files on the startpage works again.
- Directories can be opened as archives now.
- Recent files now have icons to identify the type.
- Three tab styles to choose from.
- The enter key can be used to validate inputs once again (but it's still broken for floating point input boxes, because of wxWidgets).
- More options can be handled through the preference panels instead of being only obscure CVARs.
- Map editor launcher no longer lets you load a map in an incorrect format for the configuration.
- Any WADs in the root of a zip/dir are now opened automatically.
- Sound volume slider is accurate since the start now (before you had to touch the slider to get it to have an effect).
- FluidSynth player can now load several soundfonts at once.
- Last color choices for tint/colourise are now remembered.
- Translations can be previewed in truecolor; which is useful if you're using the translation editor to get translation strings for DECORATE/ACS for GZDoom, instead of using it to directly change pictures.
- Entries can now be sorted.
- Added some extra colour configuration options and themes for the text editor.
- Double-clicking a texture lump opens the texture editor on this lump
- Improved TEXTURES support
- When saving textures, only texture lumps that have actually been modified are rewritten. This will allow you to preserve comments in TEXTURES lumps if you didn't edit them.
- If there are too many texture tabs to display at once, arrows and a drop-down button allow to access tabs hidden beyond the panel's borders.
- Textures can now be sorted.
- Map editor renderer now support hi-res textures.
- Action lines handle convex/non-contiguous sectors better.
- Some map editor crashes and bugs found and fixed.
- Action lines and action paths should be a lot faster now.
- 3d mode now renders in the correct aspect ratio (will look closer to what it does in-game).
- Added option to auto-apply property changes.
- Quick texture/flat selection in 3d mode now shows all resource textures (not just TEXTUREx/flats).
- Added a few more toolbar buttons and menu items that were previously only accessible via shortcut keys.
- Various improvements to the properties panel.
- Several bugs have been fixed.
- SWITCHES and ANIMATED lumps can be compiled from and decompiled into SWANTBLS syntax.
- ROTT's masked pictures with translucency are now supported.
- Fixed obscure bugs which affected Heretic II, Amulet & Armor, and CyClones images.
- HMI, HMP, and XMI music playback has been implemented.
- PC speaker sound playback is now emulated.
- DMX pad bytes are properly handled.
Detailed list of changes since beta 3: 3.1.0_b3...3.1.0_b4