Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
Another beta, hopefully this one is actually the last one :P
Remember that you need the Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 x86 Runtime to use the Windows build.
Changes since beta 3:
- Opening archives by dragging and dropping files on the startpage works again.
- Directories can be opened as archives now.
- Recent files now have icons to identify the type.
- Three tab styles to choose from.
- The enter key can be used to validate inputs once again (but it's still broken for floating point input boxes, because of wxWidgets).
- More options can be handled through the preference panels instead of being only obscure CVARs.
- Map editor launcher no longer lets you load a map in an incorrect format for the configuration.
- Any WADs in the root of a zip/dir are now opened automatically.
- Sound volume slider is accurate since the start now (before you had to touch the slider to get it to have an effect).
- FluidSynth player can now load several soundfonts at once.
- Last color choices for tint/colourise are now remembered.
- Translations can be previewed in truecolor; which is useful if you're using the translation editor to get translation strings for DECORATE/ACS for GZDoom, instead of using it to directly change pictures.
- Entries can now be sorted.
- Added some extra colour configuration options and themes for the text editor.
- Double-clicking a texture lump opens the texture editor on this lump
- Improved TEXTURES support
- When saving textures, only texture lumps that have actually been modified are rewritten. This will allow you to preserve comments in TEXTURES lumps if you didn't edit them.
- If there are too many texture tabs to display at once, arrows and a drop-down button allow to access tabs hidden beyond the panel's borders.
- Textures can now be sorted.
- Map editor renderer now support hi-res textures.
- Action lines handle convex/non-contiguous sectors better.
- Some map editor crashes and bugs found and fixed.
- Action lines and action paths should be a lot faster now.
- 3d mode now renders in the correct aspect ratio (will look closer to what it does in-game).
- Added option to auto-apply property changes.
- Quick texture/flat selection in 3d mode now shows all resource textures (not just TEXTUREx/flats).
- Added a few more toolbar buttons and menu items that were previously only accessible via shortcut keys.
- Various improvements to the properties panel.
- Several bugs have been fixed.
- SWITCHES and ANIMATED lumps can be compiled from and decompiled into SWANTBLS syntax.
- ROTT's masked pictures with translucency are now supported.
- Fixed obscure bugs which affected Heretic II, Amulet & Armor, and CyClones images.
- HMI, HMP, and XMI music playback has been implemented.
- PC speaker sound playback is now emulated.
- DMX pad bytes are properly handled.
Detailed list of changes since beta 3: 3.1.0_b3...3.1.0_b4